Post by John Shelley on Jan 25, 2009 11:58:07 GMT -5
I am in the process of restoring a badley rattle-canned hunter potomac. So far I have made a new mounting plate for it and removed all the paint from it. I could not save the original paint when I tried to remove the spray paint with a paint stripper it took most of the original pant with it. The metal parts were bead blasted to remove the remaining fragments of the old paint.
here are some pictures of the parts:
I took 2 pictures to show both sides of the blades.
Post by John Shelley on Jan 31, 2009 15:15:23 GMT -5
Update I have started polishing the metal parts of the fan and painting them with transparent yellow spray paint to create a home-brew bright brass finish. So far I have done the blade brackets and down-rod mount.
There is a real bright brass bracket in the picture to show how my finish compares to the real thing.(color has the same hue but is richer on my brackets.)
Down-rod mount painted and blade brackets polished:
More pictures will be added as more parts are refinished.